Thursday, July 29, 2010

Remix Crossroads - Input Anyone?




So.....I won't find out if my sewing machine is fixable for another three weeks. Apparently there's an epidemic of broken sewing machines and people wanting them repaired. The economy perhaps?

I finished painting the chairs black, and I'm very glad I did. They look much crisper and will work well as I start to transition other pieces in my dining room. But if anyone comes across this blog and has an opinion, I'd like to hear it. Since my sewing machine is on the injured list, I have time...

What fabric should I chose that will work with a yellow and white wallpaper? That's the one thing I want to keep - I love the classic look and the white chair rail and casings. (The window valances are a deep purple with dragonflies and those are gold sheers. Both need to be replaced, and whatever I choose for the chairs will be echoed in the windows somehow.) So the only color I have in the room is yellow. Should I stick with all yellow and cream with just black as an accent?

What about fabric like these? Advice appreciated!
 Better Homes & Gardens Indoor/Outdoor Ardiana Black Mill Creek Indoor/Outdoor Felton Shadow
Or, would a tone on tone yellow be crisp against the black, like this: Prague Linden

4 comments:

  1. Of course #1 do what you want to do. Whatever makes your happy when you walk in the room. I love the black, yellow and white, it is clean and classic. What about pops of red in the room. I am a huge red fan. Not like over the top just in the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a new blog! Found you via a comment you made on another...about why you write your blog despite no one reading. I know that feeling from not long ago. Good luck with everything and all the exciting changes coming up!! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Karen for the comment and advice re the bookshelves. love the idea of cohesive color in organising the books. have decided to do this first and style it then if not happy with the result will paint them. I love the geometric pattern for your chairs as this can lean towards modern/traditional etc with what you already have in the room. You could still have a damask/floral curtain or accents as well. take a look at Ange's blog @ www.chair-up.blogspot.com, she has just done a chair makeover and with the same pattern but different color and they are gorgeous. Go with what makes you feel good in the end. Have a lovely weekend.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm....Love them both. I think if your room is more traditional than I would stick to the yellow. If your looking for a little more modern I love the other fabric, it's very fun! Both will look great against black!
    XO

    ReplyDelete