Friday, July 30, 2010

Design Photography

I try, I really do. I repeat the mantra: perfection isn't necessary, it's a process, just do it...

So I quickly snap my progress pictures with my iPhone (and it's not even the iPhone 4.0!) and I figure they're good enough. But then today, not one but TWO wonderful blogs showcased truly art quality photos.

You should look at them if you haven't already - Lindsey at Better After  and Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia (who was featuring Heather at Pretty Petals) (sometimes giving others proper credit sounds like a convoluted soap opera plot...) have them posted on their sites. When I scrolled through them, I was suddenly not content with my quick and dirty phone photos, and my overachieving gene kicked in, and I remembered how much I used to love art photography, and I started thinking of a new camera, and perhaps taking a class, and...and...and. But as Janelle at Isabella and Max Rooms reminded me this week (read her Monday's post if you need a reminder too), you really can't do it all at one time.

To remind myself of that, I went back and found some of my favorite photos from last summer. This year, I'm on to enjoying working slowly through our home. Right now, I can't handle both actually doing the work and then worrying about whether the picture of it looks wonderful. (Although I so appreciate those who do take the time to do so, and so it's enough to know that someone else is out there doing an even better job than I could do!) I'll close with a picture of one of our goldens, Haly, who looks about as contemplative as I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment