Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Inspiration and RIP Quail Stained Glass

Please excuse the commercial photo, but my husband and I are traveling to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary, and I didn't want to intrude on our night last night by taking pictures of chairs!! So, I found this one on-line. We ate last night at Aerie (amazing food by the way, if you're ever up at Grand Traverse Bay in Michigan). I love the way they've upholstered the chairs in a grey menswear solid on the front and bottom, and used a gorgeous print sparingly just on the backs. It prevents the print from entirely dominating the room. I may not be able to use that idea on my dining room chairs, but I have other chairs that will definitely work with that technique.

The Friday before we left, I finally replaced my stained-glass insert in my kitchen cabinet. My husband always claimed he liked it (ugh) and so I lived with that quail for 14 years. I think, though, that he just didn't realize how much it took over the kitchen. Here's the quail after I removed it, and I'm pained over what to do with it. A friend suggested that I hang it in the garage above the trash, but it IS a piece of art that someone put considerable work into, and so I feel I have to find some proper place or person to enjoy it.

Tomorrow, I'll try to upload a picture of the replaced insert to document my after...and I'll jot down my husband's reaction to the quail's demise.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Karen. These chairs are gorgeous. Cant wait to see what replaced the quail!!! Have a lovely week.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, how exciting!! The chairs...gorgeous!!
    Thanks for your visit! It's a hit or miss what I put the varnish on. Chairs desks and tables yes, other things no. They sell it in all finishes as well :)
    Take care
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete