Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lazy Lake Cottage and Fabric Decision...

Yes, those are my feet resting in the hammock and peeking out at Lake Michigan from my sister's cottage in Harbor Springs. The families meet there every year so the cousins can get together (we are now spread across the country and can't always be together on holidays).

I wanted to show a few pictures of her beautiful home - I didn't take enough, as we were too busy having fun, but the place has pickled hardwood floors and ceilings, with beautiful white bead board everywhere. The whole place is crisp and white and looks out onto the lake through a stand of pine trees. Truly one of the most relaxing places on earth.

The stairs back up to the house...
















The master suite from the watchdog's viewpoint....


Still in the master suite - my sister inherited my great Aunt's bedroom furniture, which was beautiful hardwood but firmly ensconced in the early '60's. She painted it a beautiful mossy green and added glass hardware.  
And here's a corner of the master bedroom with the stone fireplace that also passes through into the family room. The former owners built the place as a rustic ski lodge, and my sister removed the rustic but didn't have the heart to change the fireplace much.   










I was even MORE thrilled to get the yardage at 60% off!! Having said that, I do need to check out some of those fabric websites, as their everyday prices seem much better than the box store major sales....

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to relax in Karen. Love the hammock photo! The fabric is gorgeous, love the colours. Cant wait to see the chairs. Thanks for your comment on my ottoman - cheers me up!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect spot to relax, I can just imagine how it must feel to be there and spend time with family gathered from here and there! Some friends/clients just closed on a beach house perched in the woods and it looks similar in feel, was just there last weekend and it was magical!

    ReplyDelete